Endnote x9 is a new version of the endnote family of software and is currently one of the most widely used in the industry for document management, allowing all references and reference-related material to be saved in a searchable personal library, using word processing, references to create formatted citations and bibliographies or separate reference lists, and the ability to EndNote’s synchronisation allows you to share your references with collaborators. The site offers the official Endnote website for download.
1. Search for literature online, directly from the internet and import it into the Endnote library.
2. Create a library of documents and images, add collections, manage and search for personal documents and images, tables.
3. Customised manuscripts, formatting citations and graphics directly in Word and writing articles directly to the journal’s requirements using manuscript templates.
4. Literature search tool, which allows you to search multiple databases in the software interface without having to open the databases’ websites one by one.
5. Abstract and full-text management tools, which help us to manage large amounts of information in the literature in an efficient way.
6. Citation formatting tools, which automatically help us to edit the format of references. A tool for sharing and collaborating on literature.
1. Double click [EndNote X9 v18.104.22.16862 Setup.msi] to install EndNote X9, select trial when installing, do not run EndNote after installation is complete
2. If you want to use the Chinese version, you can copy [EndNote.exe] from the CHS folder to the software installation directory (right-click the software shortcut on the desktop -> Properties -> Open File Location) and replace the original file.
3. If you want to use the English version, you can copy [EndNote.exe] from the ENG folder to the EndNote installation directory and replace the original file to use it directly and for free.
4. Whether you are using the English or Chinese version, you can use it after replacing it without entering the serial number.
The default installation directory for EndNote is
64-bit system: C:/Program Files (x86)/EndNote X9
32-bit systems: C:/Program Files/EndNote X9
How to use.
1. Open the endnote download and install version and you can use it.
1. stronger direct PDF import function.
2. more convenient “write and insert” function for Word and Power Point.
3. Quicker search function.
4. more user-friendly interface design (can be dragged, stretched, etc.).
5. cross-platform validation design.
6. More powerful network synchronisation
Frequently Asked Questions.
1. What are the shortcut keys for the main Endnote program?
CTRL + N Create a new reference entryCreate a new reference
CTRL + CLICK Freely select more than one reference
CTRL + E Open selected reference(s)
CTRL + W Close the active window
CTRL + D Delete a reference Delete a reference
CTRL + F Open search library window
CTRL + Y Launch the spell-checker (at least one reference must be open for this to work)
CTRL + H (CTRL+M) Show all references
CTRL + G Opens the website for the URL field in an open reference
CTRL + J Find a word or phrase in an open reference
2. What are the Endnote menu bar shortcuts?
ALT + F File menu File
ALT + E Edit
ALT + R Reference menuReference
ALT + T Tools
ALT + W Window
ALT + H Help
3、Word’s Endnote toolbar shortcut
ALT + 1 Return to Endnote or WordReturn to Word or Return to EndNote
ALT + 7 Find Citation(s)
ALT + 3 Format BibliographyFormat Bibliography
ALT + 2 Insert Selected Citation(s)
ALT + 6 Edit Citation Edit Citation(s)
ALT + 5 Insert Reference NoteInsert Note
ALT + 0 Edit Library Reference in the database
ALT + 8 Export Traveling Library database of references cited in this article
ALT + 9 CWYW PreferencesCWYW Preferences
Endnote Free Edition is a mainstream literature management software used by millions of researchers, students and librarians, it can easily expand the bibliography in any language and allows the creation of libraries of any size. The index, the analysis of some fields, or academic subjects, the status of the classic literature, etc.