HD Video Repair Utility is a video repair utility that will help you fix your MOV or MP4 video files that are not playing properly! Sometimes you may encounter this situation where a file has been deleted by mistake or a memory card has been accidentally formatted, and although you have gone through a lot of trouble to find the lost selfie video saved in the memory card through data repair software, you suddenly find that the rescued video cannot be played. This is when mp4 repair software free version HD Video Repair Utility can help you out. Pacific Download Center offers you mp4 repair software to download.
- HD Video Repair Utility is designed to provide users with a simple video recovery solution.
- It is extremely easy to operate and users can recover videos in just three or two simple steps.
- After the repair is complete, users can directly preview the repaired files.
- mp4 repair tool supports opening repair reports, so that users can easily view the details of the repair.
- The mp4 repair tool supports batch running, thus helping users to achieve batch video repair.
- Allows to adjust your repair parameters so as to get the best repair results.
Frames per second: use “Auto” to use the frame rate of the reference file to overwrite the input number (e.g. 29.97)
Overwrite existing codec information by reference file: if a broken movie may contain invalid codec information, activate this option and use the reference file codec information instead.
Detect new movie clips: for each ” mdat” atom found, it will start a new file (experimental).
Enable entropy scan: when disabled, the entropy scan shown in the repair report is skipped – if disabled, the scan is faster, but there is less information about the file than in the repair report.
Enable PCM detection: when enabled, will attempt to detect audio PCM samples by “brute force” (experimental) – do not activate it unless you need a PCM codec sample.
Enable AAC detection: when enabled, attempts to detect AAC samples by ‘brute force’ (experimental) – do not activate it unless you need to detect AAC codec samples by ‘brute force’.
Save raw video and audio streams to file: When enabled, save raw video and audio data to file – you will need a special video and audio editing program to import this data and manually merge the audio and video streams.
Re-encode restored movie files: Re-encode restored movie files with certain encoder programs (ffmpeg or mencode).
Enable logging: when disabled, no log files are created.
Overwrite existing codec information with reference files: when enabled, it will always overwrite all codec information found in the input file with the codec information of the reference file. Do not activate unless you know that the input file has incorrect codec information.
- Download the free version of mp4 Repair Tool from this site, unzip it with one click and open the folder.
- After getting the mp4 repair tool program, double click to open it to start the program.
The mp4 repair tool is very simple to operate, only four steps are needed to easily repair damaged videos
- Select the video you want to repair!
- Choose a reference video, i.e. a video taken on the same device that can be played normally, such as another normal video file taken on your mobile phone!
- Once you have selected all the videos, press Scan and the program will start to rebuild and repair the damaged video!
- When the name of the movie appears in the “repaired movie clips” box, the repair is complete!
Frequently Asked Questions.
1.When I try to use the mp4 video repairer to start the repair, it shows “Unable to write to output folder” of the program?
This will happen if the program is unable to write to the output folder.
- Ensure that your user account has sufficient permissions to write to the output folder.
- Make sure there are no other instances of the program running. Press “CTRL + SHIFT + ESC” to open Task Manager and close any processes named “movdump.exe” or “gs.exe” .
- Try to select another output folder (under “Options”).
Restart your computer and try again.
2. When mp4 video repairer repairs a movie larger than 2 GB, it seems to stop at 2 GB.
A: This may be possible (we are still analyzing this issue). As a temporary solution, extract this file splitter tool to your hard drive, launch it, select the movie file and then press “Split” to split the movie into several 2GB packets. The smaller packets will be stored in the same folder as the movie files. Finally, run the repair on the smaller packets.
3. When I preview the restored file, the sound is turned off. But when I view the saved file, it is perfect Why?
This may be possible. The preview uses an internal player, if that player may not understand your camera’s audio format. If your own player plays the audio, that’s fine.
4. “gs.exe has stopped working.”
If you receive the message “gs.exe has stopped working. Windows will close the program and notify you of an available solution”, this means that your reference movie is also corrupted (or contains invalid metadata). Try selecting another reference movie that is working properly.
5. I notice that when I try to preview the file in the program, the repaired movie plays fine, but when I open the repaired movie in Quicktime / Media Player, the audio is lost, or the video is pixelated and skips. What is the solution to this problem? Why does your player not play properly but external programs do not?
A: The reason for this is that there are actually two stages involved.
Repairing and re-encoding.
Repair is the action that the program performs by default (repairing the film’s “file table”). Although it has been repaired, the film may have encoding problems. Some players (VLC, mplayer, our built-in player) are very clever and can fix encoding problems “on the fly” during playback. Some players cannot do this (Windows Media player / QuickTime player).
Solution: There is a re-encoding option built into the fixer (Options->Checkbox to re-encode the repaired movie file) which will instruct the program to run the second stage (re-encoding) after the fixing stage.
In most cases, this should fix the problem with the external player. Please note that we cannot guarantee that this will work in all cases – it will work in most cases.
6. Can I add my (HD) digital camcorder model or video format to the repair software?
Yes, some cameras will be added soon (we are working on them), some cameras may still be missing – see details above.
7. I have an MPEG-4 / H264 .ts file recorded by a Digital Video Recorder (DVR) – how do I play the file on a PC / Mac or make it DVD compatible?
A: You don’t need to use a repair tool for this, just a converter to convert MPEG-4 / H264 .ts files to .mp4 or .mpg files – please follow these steps.
Download this video conversion tool (Win and Mac) and extract it to your hard drive.
Copy your .ts file into the input folder and rename it to ” 1.ts”.
To convert a .ts file to an .mp4 file (for computer playback).
Double click on ‘win_make_mp4’ (PC) or ‘mac_make_mp4’ (Mac).
To convert a .ts file to a .mpg file (for DVD playback).
Double click on ‘win_make_dvd’ (PC) or ‘mac_make_dvd’ (Mac).
Wait until the console window disappears or the console output stops. If you only want to try the conversion in the first few seconds of the file, you can press ” q ” on your keyboard and the conversion will stop immediately.
You will find the converted file in the output folder.
8. I have lost my movie files. I don’t have any corrupted video files. How can I recover lost movies from my flash media card or hard drive?
You will need to use data recovery software first. Data recovery software can recover lost and deleted video files. After the movie files are recovered, in some cases they will not play in the media player. In this case, this repair software can be used. However, you will need to use the data recovery software before you can recover the movie files.
9. After repairing a movie with the wrong file extension (e.g. .MDT), the repaired movie still has the wrong file extension – how do I resolve this issue?
In Mac Finder, simply rename the repaired .mdt file to .mov and you’re good to go (see the help video). On Windows Explorer, simply rename the repaired .mdt file to .mov and you’re good to go (see the help video).
10. Why can we repair a file that no one else can?
Specific problems require specific solutions. For each new camera, we check the format and develop a new repair module. Some cameras share a common format, however, in order to repair a new format, the camera format must be looked at carefully.
In the top view, all camera formats share some common principles.
When a camera records a film, the audio and video stream data of the film is encoded in a certain format, also known as video encoding and audio encoding. Typical video encodings are MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Apple Intermediate and typical audio encodings are MPEG-1, MPEG-3, AAC and PCM.
Both video and audio stream data are stored in interleaved blocks to the movie file and the data in the file always alternates between video and audio. As a movie file contains both video and audio blocks, it is called a container. Typical container formats are QuickTime MOV or Microsoft AVI.
A decoder codec is an algorithm (in player software) that decodes/encodes certain video or audio formats – common codecs used in QuickTime files (.mov / .mp4) are.
-Apple Intermediate Codec (‘icod’)
– MPEG-4 (‘mp4v’)
– MPEG-4 AVC(‘avc1’)
– MPEG-4 AAC(‘mp4a’)
– PCM: Big Endian(‘twos’) and Little Endian(‘sowt’)
11.After playing, the restored video is unstable for some players but not for others, why?
Some video packets in the video file may contain “gaps” with unused data. The gaps were not detected during the repair. Some players ignore certain players (e.g. mplayer) and some players try to decode them (QuickTime), which may produce erratic playback.
Solution: Re-encode the repaired movie file to remove the gap.
- Under Options, enable “Re-encode movie files”.
- Select “Custom (ffmpeg)” as the “
- Enter “mp4: -f mov -acodec copy -vcodec mpeg2video -sameq” to “Custom re-encoding parameters” in
12. What is Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC)?
The Apple Intermediate Codec is a video codec designed by Apple Inc. and is an intermediate format in the HDV workflow; AIC does not use time compression and each frame can be decoded without the need for additional frames. It is primarily used in Final Cut Studio and iMovie.
The free version of mp4 repair software helps you to repair videos that do not play properly intact. However there are some corrupted files that it may not have the ability to repair anything at all, on some files mp4 repair tool may repair some video parts, others may repair both video and audio parts. Pacific Download Centre offers mp4 repair software for you to download.