VLC Media Player is an open source cross-platform multimedia player that supports a wide range of audio and video formats such as MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, DivX, Mp3, etc., as well as streaming protocol files. MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, DVD/VCD, digital satellite channels, digital terrestial television channels, Internet movies over broadband IPv4 and IPv6 networks under many operating systems; this software development project was initiated by French students. This software development project, initiated by French students from all over the world, is designed to support multiple platforms and can be used to play both network streams and native multimedia files, and is particularly noteworthy for its ability to play full multimedia files directly without downloading. VLC Media Player is the most unique feature that allows you to watch Divx media files while downloading and to play incomplete AVI files. This site provides vlc player for download.
- Simple, fast and powerful
- Can play any content – files, discs, cameras, devices and streaming media
- VLC player can play most formats without installing codec packs – MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3…
- VLC player works on all platforms – Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix, iOS, Android …
- Completely free – no spyware, no ads, no tracking of users
- Customizable to add VLC player appearance, expand the appearance
- Enter the installation process and click “Next”
- read the software license agreement, if there is no objection, then click “Next” to agree to the agreement and continue the installation.
- Select the VLC Media Player component that needs to be installed, you can choose the default settings in the selection box above, click “Next” after selecting it.
- click “Browse” to choose the installation directory of VLC Media Player, here it is not recommended to install in C disk, if C disk has too many files, it will affect the running speed of the computer. Click on “Install” after you have made your selection.
- The installation process of VLC Media Player will take about 3 minutes, please wait patiently.
- After the installation is finished, it will automatically jump to the installation completion screen, if you need to use it right away, then check the “Run VLC Media Player” option, and then click the “Finish” button below.
Frequently Asked Questions.
1.Can VLC Media Player convert files?
- Open the installed VLC media player, click on the “Media” button in the upper left corner of the software interface, and open the “Convert/Save” option in the drop-down menu.
- in the new window that opens, first click on the “Add” button.
- find the directory where the video files are stored, select the file that needs to be converted, click the “Open” button at the bottom right corner, and then click the “Convert/Save” button at the bottom of the file selection window.
2.VLC player Chinese subtitles appear messy how to do?
- when using VLC player to add subtitles for videos, Chinese subtitles sometimes appear garbled, which we need to click the “Tools” button in the top menu bar, and select the “Preferences” option in the drop-down menu that opens.
- Switch the newly opened window to the “Letters” tab and set the “Default encoding” to “General, Chinese (GB18030)” as shown in the picture.
- Then change the font of the subtitle to any of the Chinese fonts and click “Save” at the bottom right corner after the change is completed.
- Load the subtitles again, so there is no more problem, come and try it.
- Improved the support of VLC player for MacOS Mojave
- Added new AV1 decoder to VLC player
- Fixed many problems with hardware acceleration on Windows
VLC multimedia player is a powerful video player. It supports decoding and playback of a wide range of audio and video, and also has file conversion functions. The most unique feature is the remote sharing feature, which allows you to watch videos on any other computer as long as you have VLC media player installed at the same time.