SecureCRT is the ideal tool for connecting to remote systems running including Windows, UNIX and VMS. SecureCRT Green Edition is very powerful and provides safe and secure remote access, file transfer and data access for everyone in the organisation. Secondly, the software not only supports SSH (SSH1 and SSH2) terminal emulation programs, but also Telnet and rlogin protocols, through which users can perform encrypted file transfers.
- Securely run Windows, Linux and Mac machines to access UNIX, Linux or VMS business applications – utilizing rich emulation support for VT100/102/220, ANSI, SCO ANSI, Wyse50/60, Xterm and Linux consoles.
- Access a complete array of network devices from a client with SSH2, SSH1, Remote Login, Remote Login/SSL, Serial, and other protocols.
- Configure, manage and customize 1 to 5000 sessions with full control over backtracking, key mapping, colours, fonts, etc.
- securecrt download, open the program to install
- run the installation wizard clicknext, select i agree. continue to clicknext (other options are selected the first)
- select custom installation, change the installation path you need, continue to next (the rest continue to the first option)
- click install, wait for SecureCRT installation is complete you can run
1.How to create a new link with securecrt green version?
- open SecureCRT. a link settings dialog box will pop up when you open it. If there are already established links, they will be displayed here. Select one of the existing links and click on the link button to connect to the server. Here we can create a new link.
- How to configure the link with SecureCRT SSH2?
- SecureCRT dialog box on the upper toolbar, the third tool button, is the new link. Click to open a new session wizard; select SSH2 for the protocol and click Next.
- the host name to fill in the IP address of the host, the port is to use the default 22, and then enter the linux system user name, such as root, click next and then enter the link name to complete.
Frequently Asked Questions.
1.Common shortcuts for SecureCRT Green Edition
Alt + Enter — Full screen
Alt + B — Open a new connection
Alt + 1/2/3/4/5… /9 — Switch to the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th… /9 tabs
Ctrl + A — move the cursor to the beginning of the line
Ctrl + B — move cursor forward by 1 character
Ctrl + D — delete 1 character after the cursor
Ctrl + E — move cursor to end of line
Ctrl + F — move cursor back 1 character
Ctrl + H – delete 1 character before the cursor
Ctrl + J – carriage return
Ctrl + k – delete the character from the current cursor to the end of the line
Ctrl + P — show previous command
Ctrl + M – carriage return
Ctrl + N — next command
Ctrl + T — swap the last two characters before the cursor (available for Cisco routers)
Ctrl + U — clear current line and cached input
Ctrl + V — enter ctrl characters
Ctrl + W — delete the character from the current cursor to the beginning of the line
Tab — auto-completion command
To solve the problem of Chinese characters in SecureCRT
Select the “UTF-8” encoding in the Appearance window settings to solve the problem.
2.How to solve the problem of Chinese characters in SecureCRT on Win10 system?
- first, open SecureCRT green version.
- select the session service you want to use.
- to wait for the service up, select the Options tab of Options, and then select session Options.
- then select Appearance, the right side will appear some SecureCRT basic settings.
- this time select the encoding set of SecureCRT, we choose utf-8 encoding.
- if you want to change the font style of SecureCRT, you can also set it here, select font.
- close and restart this session, it should take effect.
SecureCRT is a quite professional remote management software, but different from our window remote management software, SecureCRT green version support in the Microsoft window interface remote control unix or linux system, given that we ordinary users do not commonly use these two systems daily.