Sketch Master 2018 is the latest version of sketchup software from Trimble. As the design tool of choice for millions of designers worldwide, the latest version of Sketch Master 2018 adds a number of new features and enhances some of the previous ones. For example, new features such as 3D scanning and 3D printing, which is one of the most important programs in 3D printing, as well as enhanced features such as native rendering engine display, are recommended for users who like to try something new.
Sketch Master 2018 updates include.
1. the advanced properties feature of the drawing element information panel allows useful information such as price, size, URL, and owner and status information to be embedded in the model components.
2. to make the information in SketchUp more useful, an improved Generate Reports feature allows aggregation and management of component properties, generating itemised lists.
3. BIM is only valuable if model information can be inter-directed across software, and native IFC format import and export functionality now ensures that your model properties are imported, exported and manipulated properly.
4. the nameable section feature makes it easier to find and manage sections.
5. the profile fill function can be opened from the styles panel to automatically fill the required colour.
6. performance optimisation of the profile, with more significant speed improvements for complex model operations.
7. Performance optimisation of the management catalogue, with fewer unnecessary refreshes and improved sorting functions.
8. Drawing method improvements.
Drawing rectangles around centres.
Fine tuning of the rotation rectangle logic.
Real-time display of line surface information by the tape measure tool.
The hand-drawn line tool shows the colour according to the axial direction.
9, Mac system to add anti-aliasing settings.
10. system settings file adjustment for save location.
11、DWG format import plug-in rewritten and fixed.
12. Support for macOS High Sierra system.
New features in Sketch Master 2018.
More intelligent sectioning features
Similar to the components feature, the new version of Sections can be named and labelled, making it easier for modellers to find, organise and edit the model structure and quickly locate the section they want to edit when they need it.
Filled Section Cuts
SketchUp Pro now has Filled Section Cuts. From the Styles dialog box, you can adjust the colours and fill templates that the editor wants to fill.
This is an overall improvement in SketchUp’s functionality, especially for those models with complex volumes that require a lot of geometry to be hidden when sectioning. The more you work with complex models, the more you will feel the overall speed increase.
Scaled Vector Drawing
Need to add some lines to your model in layOut? Insert a drawing with a specific scale in layOut or draw details to scale from scratch in layOut – all of this is now possible in the new version 2018.
Dwg file import DWG Import
Importing a dwg file into the new version of LayOut, users will find that the illustration has been scaled to the drawing. The SketchUp project file can now match the lines of the cad drawing and the full benefit of the dwg file set can be experienced in LayOut yet. This this can be described as LayOut A+: complementary to other software features.
Reference, chamfering and rounding, arcs, offset arrays, selection: LayOut is perfect in every aspect of how users draw details in drawings or create beautiful, proportionally accurate drawings. You can try it out more often.
Enhancements to BIM functionality
Advanced Attributes Advanced Attributes
SketchUp can now add advanced attributes to components such as price, size, URL, type, status and owner (vendor). As you can imagine it is now much easier and more practical to embed useful information in your projects.
Now that reports can be generated to summarise component data, users can generate configuration reports to calculate plans, parts lists and quantities, or create detailed estimate and quantity reports by overlaying component prices layer by layer.
Import/Export of IFC format files IFC Import/Export
BIM workflows are best when files can be used interchangeably between applications and now users can use IFC files in SketchUp with confidence, using the model properties they carry in the file for complex situations in the project.
Show/Rotate middle mouse button
Show/Pan Shift+Middle key
Edit/Auxiliary Lines/Show Shift+Q
Edit/Auxiliary Lines/Hide Q
Edit/Abort Selection Ctrl+T;Ctrl+D (use Linking’s shortcut)
Edit/Make Formation Alt+G
View/virtualize hidden objects Alt+H
Window/System Properties Shift+P
Window/Display Settings Shift+V